Monday, September 1, 2008

A Weekend Away

This last Saturday after Dru finished work, he and I joined my family up at our Cabin in Island Park. That night, my dad, Dru, and I set off to our special fishin spot to kick off our adventures. It is quite a little hike down to our spot but it is not bad because it is downhill, but the way back is a different story.

We enjoyed the evening on the water though the guys didn't have much luck with the fish. My dad caught two little guys and Dru didn't catch anything.

When it was time to leave I decided to get a head start because I am a lot slower than they are. Shortly after I began my walk back to the truck I heard Dru yelling for me. I decided to keep walking and told him that I was not going to turn around so he needed to come to me. He came running after me and I soon found out that there was a black bear not far from where I was and it had just torn up the seats on a couple of four wheelers! I am one lucky duck. I almost had a run in with what sounds like a fiesty bear.


The next day we decided to drive through Yellowstone Park. Dru and I drove ahead with my brother and his friend Nick so that we could stop in West Yellowstone and walk through the shops. Rob and Nick found these Ninja stars and decided that they had to buy them. Rob bought one that was shaped like Batman and the entire time we drove through Yellowstone we were cracking up as they talked about their ninja stars.

On the way back they had to stop back in West and buy a dagger and a spikey ball with a chain attached to it. I'm sure the man in the shop thought they were some crazy, but it was hilarious. We enjoyed our time with them!


I was so excited because we got to see a bighorn sheep while we were in the park. We go through Yellowstone so much that I have seen many animals and my goal is always to see something new. I had never seen a bighorn before so that was neat. Dru and I had a really eventful weekend but we were glad to return home so that we could get some much needed rest.






1 comment:

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I am glad that bear didn't find you!