Monday, September 15, 2008

LA here we come!!!

This last weekend Dru and I were able to take a much needed getaway to none other than Los Angeles, California! One of Dru's mission buddies was getting married and he came to ours so we figured we'd repay the favor. It was a short weekend, but quite adventure filled. We left Idaho Falls on Thursday night and stayed with Dru's brother in Layton because our flight left at 8:30 am on Friday morning. When we arrived in LA we headed straight for our hotel to drop off our things and make a game plan.







We stayed at the lovely Westin Inn where our California King-sized bed was the best thing I have ever slept on in my life!! It was so comfortable and even had a down comforter on the bed! I felt like I was livin the good life except for the fact that we were about 2 blocks from Inglewood. This is a very scary part of town and we accidently drove through it a couple of times. Everyone had iron fences around their entire yard. We locked our doors and got out of there as fast as we could!!!

That afternoon we decided to hit up In N Out Burger for Lunch! It is so yummy there. Then we went and saw the Dark Knight at the IMAX because I had never been to one before (weird I know). The theater that was showing it was huge and amazing I wish I had taken pictures because I have never seen anything like it. After the show we decided to take a drive down RODEO drive in Beverly Hills. I only took one picture there because we did not stop. (I was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and felt extremely underdressed).

That evening we decided to eat at In N Out Burger again because we did not know where anything else was. We did have a GPS that saved our lives many times on the trip, but In N Out was just so close!


Saturday was filled with Wedding things. We woke up bright and early and decided to catch the 7:30 temple session. It is such a beautiful temple and did I mention that it is HUGE!!! The Idaho Falls Temple is around 90,000 sq feet give or take and the LA Temple was around 190,000 sq feet. I was awestruck. After the session we were able to watch Dru's friend Doug be sealed to his wife Kelsey for time and all eternity. It was a great experience. That evening we drove out to Santa Clarita/Valencia area for the reception where Dru ran into some more of his mission buddies. It was neat to meet them and to hear some of the good times that they had in Virginia.

After the reception we got some dinner and Dru of course got In N Out Burger again. I opted for a chicken burger at Wendy's but it was a burger none the less.


Sunday we went to tourist attraction called the 3rd Street Promenade that was filled with shops and musical entertainment on the streets. Dru and I enjoyed the atmosphere although it was very dirty. We took a walk down Ocean Avenue and I was so sad to see how many homeless people there were in a park by the beach. Dru and I had a fun time on our trip, but when it was time to go home we were glad because LA is so dirty and there is too much traffic.

Our plane was also delayed 1 1/2 hours so it made for a really long day. We arrived in SLC at 11:00 pm last night and are still trying to recover from our vacation!



3 comments:

Amber said...

What a fun trip! I am glad you got to go.

Floyd Family said...

Thank you so much for the flowers they are beautiful! We need to have you guys over again! As far as that recipe goes it's really easy. Leave me your email address and I will send it to you. I also need your phone number and addres!Thank you so much!

Jen said...

I LOVED going to the 3rd street prom!!!! I miss being there so much. It was always so fun to live in Huntington/Newport where it is clean but go to LA for fun clubs and amazing food. HOW did you not go to Disneyland??? =) We were just in Virginia for three months. Where did your hubby serve? We were in Chesterfield County...if that helps =).