Friday, July 2, 2010

Bed Rest

This last Wednesday I went in for my weekly Dr. appt and was told that I now have the lovely opportunity of being on bed rest because I am in the early stages of toxemia. Great!! I went in this morning for another appt and was told that my blood pressure is actually higher than it was on Wednesday (140 over 90) and it is 146 over 100. Not bad you might say, but my blood pressure is usually 100 over 60. She said my liver and kidney function looks great but that when they tested my blood sugar it was 43! I had just eaten an hour before I had my blood drawn. Needless to say, I am going incredibly stir crazy at my house, but luckily I have my sweet husband at home to entertain me. Poor guy! He has a long weekend and we get to spend it at home. I am really bummed that we have to miss the 4th of July festivities, especially since it's my favorite holiday, but baby girl is so worth it. I am under instruction that I am to go to the hospital if I feel any worse at all. Now let the waiting game begin!

3 comments:

Rick and Collette said...

Hi Ashlee! I was so glad you found my blog. It is so fun to keep updated on each others lives. Our babies are due almost the same time. Exciting times! Hopefully your little girl will come soon so you don't have to be on bed rest for too long. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy. Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Jenn said...

Oh Ashlee I am so sorry. That makes it even harder to wait when all you can do is sit at home. Please let me know if you need anything!!

Amber said...

OH Ash I'm so sorry. I hope she comes soon! Until then stay postive so you don't go insane! Maybe I should come by and keep ya company! Can't wait for her to get here! Love you!