Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TAHLEQUAH

Dru and I spent a long weekend in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, home of Cherokee Nation. We went down for the Cherokee National Holiday which is celebrated over Labor Day weekend. We flew out of Jackson Hole with Dru's dad, sister Heather, and her daughter Kenna. While there we were able enjoy the company of Dru's four aunts, an uncle, 2 cousins, a great aunt and her family, as well as Dru's Grandpa.

It was fun getting to know these family members and enjoying their company. Dru had not seen many of them for 10 years!

This is a picture of most of us at some property that Ray and his sisters inherited. I will post more later with many more pictures of some of the things we did and more about the people we saw!!!

3 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

The scenery looks beautiful there! way back in my ancestery on my father's side we hail from the Manhatten tribe out of the New York area... long before it was New York of course!

Unknown said...

How fun! I had no idea you were going to OK. It looks like you guys had a great time! Wendy's sometime? Eh? Maybe Fiesta? :)

Amber said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you guys had fun in O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!! (I'm singing the song...)ha