Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last week we decided that we were going to keep Marley, so yesterday we signed the adoption papers and now we officially have 2 dogs! The deciding factor in this was when Josh and Lindsie dog sat for us (Thanks again Josh and Lindsie!) and Marley hung out under their coffee table most of the weekend. We knew that Marley had been through so much in her life and she was loved and comfortable with us, so uprooting her was not a good idea. We are having so much fun with the both of them and they love eachother as well. Maddie has definetly loved having someone home with her all of the time and she does not destroy our house as much!

Last Wednesday (11th) my baby brother turned 18. This has been a hard thing for me especially since my baby sister turned 21 last month. It is a constant reminder that I'm getting old! Life seems to be moving faster and faster and sometimes I just want it to slow down. At any rate I am so grateful for both of my siblings and for the wonderful people that they are turning into.

5 comments:

Deborah Raymond said...

I heard a lot of people say 2 dogs are easier than one and then I got proof too a long while back. No adorable fur creatures at our house right now so I love it when Ronda brings Sofee for a visit. As for old... we have to start thinking of ourselves as fine wine... better with age... or should that be grape juice... just kidding... have a great week!

Amber said...

Wow 2 dogs! That's great! I now have zero animals and it makes me sad. Well I'm glad your puppies have a friend that's always nice. And I know exactly how you feel about getting old. Amy and Adam are just sprouting. It's so crazy! I don't know if I can handle that!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Yay for Marley! You guys are so sweet...and it breaks my heart thinking of her suffering. I'm so glad she has a good home..and that Maddie has a buddie. I knew from day one you were keepin her! Oh, and yes, you are old...and you will ALWAYS be older than me...sucker! Even if it is just by one day! My little sis is grad from high school this year too! It's nuts. AT least we're not 30 yet...like Todd :0

Unknown said...

Lunch was fun today! I'm glad we got to do it. I had no idea you guys officially own Marley, how fun! Congrats on the new addition. :)

Amber said...

You guys are so great! I knew you were going to do that. Marley is one lucky dog.