Sunday, August 29, 2010

Update on August

August has been a busy month for us. August 1st Kenadee was blessed by her dad. He gave the most beautiful blessing. We had the support of many family members. August 4th Dru and I celebrated our 3 year Anniversary. We celebrated by dropping baby off at my parents and going to dinner at the Outback. It was really nice to spend some time alone with Dru. August 5th was Ray's birthday (Dru's dad). We celebrated by going out to dinner with some of Dru's family. August 10th was my mom's birthday and we went out to dinner with my family.
I also have to give shout outs to both my parents and Dru's parents who had Anniversaries this month. Dru's parents have been married for 39 years as of August 14th! My parents have been married for 30 years as of August 15th! Both sets of parents are examples to Dru and I on what marriage should be. Yesterday (August 28th) was little Averie Jae's 1st birthday and we had a bbq and opened presents for her at my parents house. She was so cute and got spoiled rotten!
Kenadee has been struggling with a little bit of colic for the past 4 or 5 weeks. It has been difficult to console a screaming baby, but thankfully she only does it for a few hours in the afternoon and evening and then sleeps like a champ all through the night. Aside from the screaming we are really enjoying our little one. She changes so much everyday.
I can't believe how quickly summer has come and gone, but I must say that I am looking forward to the fall and the holiday season. Tomorrow is my first day back at work since I was put on bed rest. Wish me luck!
My mom and dad at my mom's birthday dinner!

Kenadee and Great Grandma Carol

Tired from all of the action

1 comment:

Amber said...

Lots goin' on for you guys!! Sounds like a lot of fun! Your dad looks like he needs to put down the platic knife and walk away from the table ha ha. We got anniversaries coming up too! It's weird b/c you and your parents are this month and mine and my parents are next month! THat cracks me up! Hope all is well, good luck at work! LOVE YA