Monday, November 10, 2008

Service

Dru and I teach a primary class and this week is was my turn to prepare and teach the lesson. The lesson was on Service. Each week I try to think of the topic as it relates to my life. I realized that this past week I was the recipient of such great service from friends and family members. I had a very bad week last week and was not feeling well at all. I received many sweet phone calls from friends and loved ones who were concerned. My mother also came over to my house and took care of me. She went to far as to do some of my laundry and my dishes. What a sweet mother! My husband took a day off of work to stay with me and take care of me. He has been very sweet about things this week and did not expect me to do anything around the house. He cooked dinner and made sure that we had something to eat every night. On Saturday Lindsie Curtis (my cousin and close friend) came over and took me out of my house for the first time all week (other than car rides and appointments). She took me to lunch at Johnny Carinos and then took me for a manicure. That meant the world to me. How lucky I am to have all of these people who love and care about me and are willing to serve without expecting anything in return. Thank you all for looking out for me! I love you!

11 comments:

Amber said...

I hope you feel better soon Ashlee! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Terri French said...

Ashlee,
I have been so sad for you. I don't know why these hard things have to happen, but I am so impressed with your attitude. You are amazing. I'm glad you have felt so much love and support. You deserve it.

Hope you feel well soon.

Jenn said...

I think the world of you and Dru and please know that we love you both so much. I hope that you are feeling better. Please know that I live just down the road and I'm home most of the time. So please give me a call if there is anything you need.

Unknown said...

Hey Ash! I hope you have been feeling better this week. I'm glad so many people have been willing to help you out during this tough time. I can't wait to move back to Idaho in a month so I can hang out with you whenever I want! Have a great day! I love you!! :)

Floyd Family said...

I talked to your dad today, I hope you are feeling better. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you and Dru. We love you guys you are such amazing friends.

Brenda said...

Ashlee, So sorry for what you've been going through. Of course, I'm always the last to know. But my love is with you and Dru during this time.

I don't know why we have to go through the trials we go through, but I do know that whatever I've been faced with, it has always been for my advantage. That may not become apparent for years, and maybe never, but the Lord knows, He loves you and is mindful of you!

We love you so much!

ronda said...

Ashlee,

Sometimes being in Utah is great...but being away from family is very hard. I was talking to your dad the other day about how great his kids are...you are strong Ashlee and everything will come together for your good...I BELIEVE THAT PRINCIPAL WITH MY WHOLE HEART!

Amber said...

Hey Ash I hope you are doing better. I've tried to call you a few times. We need to go to lunch soon and well just talk. Anyway, just want you to know how much I love you. Have a great day friend. love you

Rob and Linds said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Wish I could see you guys! Love ya sister. :) Had fun with you last week, and when you came to visit!

Deborah Raymond said...

Ashlee...I think I've been spelling your name wrong...sorry! Will you please send me an email so I have your email address? My email is dkraymond@q.com... I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

MaryAnn said...

hope everything is ok, love ya