Friday, June 27, 2008

Bitter Sweet

(My Grandmother and I when I was a baby)
My sweet grandmother Carolyn Grimaud passed away Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 7:37 pm. She was only 72 years old. This is a bitter sweet time for all in our family because for the past seven years my grandmother has suffered from Alzheimer's disease. She was an amazing lady who loved everyone she met. She is an angel and I am so sad that she has left this earthly life. However, I am comforted to know that she is in Heaven without pain and with a sound mind. I know that she will be with us always and that someday I will get to see her smiling face again. I love you Grandma and I will miss you very much!

4 comments:

Todd & Chelsea said...

I am sorry about you're grandma :( It's always hard to lose family even if they've been sick. Tell Dru congrats for graduating. Two incomes-rock eh!

Unknown said...

Ash, I sure do love you! Your grandma was definitely a very sweet and amazing lady. I'm glad that you are doing better. Let's do lunch really soon!!

Floyd Family said...

I was sad to hear about your Grandma. I hope yor family is doing well. I have missed seeing you at the games. I hope everything is going well. Don't be a stranger!

Amber said...

That was a sweet tribute to you Grandma Ash. I just love you so much! I hope you and your fam are doing well. Call me ok, let's do lunch soon. Love you friend